Among the treasures that the area of Tuscia conceals in the folds of its land, the waters of its lakes and rivers are the best prize for anglers. Three lakes (Bolsena, Vico and Mezzano) and many Appennine streams (Mignone, Fiora,Marta… ) host in their depths the most sought-after quarries.
Pike, black-bass, carp, barbel, perch, zander and trout eagerly accept skillfully cast baits – either artificial and natural – offering the anglers relax and amusement.
Thanks to the mild weather, in this part of Lazio it is possible to approach the water as early as beginning of Spring through late Autumn.
(Fly)anglers (alone or in group) can take advantage of the experience and knowledge of StunningLand, an association whose aim is the spreading of the beauties of this land and its fishing opportunities offering a companion for one or more days for river, lake and – last but not least – mouth-of-the-river seafishing with relevant information, technical assistance and, if required, tackle supply.
During your holiday in Tuscia you can also consider learning how to cast and/or tie a fly: another service offered to satisfy your need of knowledge of what is considered as an art.
Black-bass and pike can be sought after from the bank or a boat while trout and whitefish are found mostly in the various running waters offering different environment and casting difficulties both to the beginner and the highly specialised flyangler.
One for all, the Nera, the world famous stream known for its huge and shy browns and for its top rate landscape.
A fishing-and-tourism holiday in this magic and can be organised in many and different forms and formula. Here are but a few examples.
Full day stream fishing for trout or white fish.
- Meeting at agritourism/b&b. Transfer to the stream which is chosen according to the angler’s expectation and weather conditions.
- Fishing until lunch time (pic-nic or restaurant).
- Fishing session until sunset or visit to place of interest in the area. Transfer to agritourism/b&b. Dinner.
Half or full day boat or shore fishing for Black-Bass/Pike and tourist sightseeing.
- Meeting at agritourism/b&b. Transfer and visit to Bolsena or car tour “in search of breath-taking landscapes”. Transfer to the lake and lunch (pic-nic or restaurant).
- Fishing session until sunset. Transfer to agritourism/b&b. Dinner. Evening at the Thermal Baths of Viterbo.
Full day mouth-of-the-river sea fishing.
- Meeting at agriturism/b&b. Transfer to the river mouth and fishing session until lunch time (pic-nic or restaurant). Fishing session until sunset or, if preferred, visit to Cerveteri or Centocelle. Transfer to agritourism/b&b. Dinner.
Instruction/Teaching Activity for Beginners.
Sessions on fly casting/tying, flyangling history, culture, entomology and the like.
Flyfishing sessions can be organized both for single or more anglers to meet personal and specific requests and interests.
Note: this is but an example of the countless opportunities offered by our land.
Tourist activities and arrangements are organized by or in cooperation with local travel agents and official tourist guides. In case you need extra information about fly fishing activity, simply let’s know.